If you are looking to build a new home and you have done your research, you have discovered that you can build a lot more home if you choose the modular option. Now all you need to decide is, who is going to build your new home. Making a solid decision with the choice of your home retailer will not only save you money, but many hours of stress. The right home retailer will provide the assurance that your new home will be completed properly, at a savings and in a timely manner. Here are some of the most important things to consider when selecting a modular retailer.
1. Choose a retailer with good credentials and experience. A creditable business will have many client referrals from past clients. This is a good indication of their experience and level of customer satisfaction.
2. To help you gain valuable knowledge about a quality built modular home, ask to visit the factory where the home is to be built. Take note of the skill and professionalism of the workers building the homes. Do not be afraid to ask questions about the construction.
3. If you want to make any changes to a standard floor plan, find a retailer who will work with you to perform custom work. Customization can be an important consideration in your choice of modular retailer. Some retailers will only sell stock floor plans, others will perform custom plans for an additional cost, and a select few who will design an original modular home at no charge as part of an added service to their clients.
4. Look for a retailer who can complete every aspect of the project, including the site work (such as territory, well, septic, and driveway, etc.). Choosing this type of retailer will result in great cost savings, good communication, better work flow, and faster home construction completion.
5. Ask about the service department, the length of the warranties, and who will be responsible for any repair work that may be needed. The best retailers will work to complete your service items timely and voluntarily. This is another good reason to ask for letters of referral from past customers.
6. Look for retailers who are experts. Find a retailer who employs full-time staff. Your home is too important to be trusted to part-time employees or a trainee. Also ask how many years they have been in the industry, and the range of homes that they completed. Expect them to have an in-depth knowledge of every aspect of home construction process.
7. Try not to be too impressed by the retailer who has many models. The cost of those models is absorbed by the consumer in the sales prices of their new homes. A medium-size efficient retailer can sell a modular home for less money. Many lot models typically translates into big overhead and potentially higher costs.
For most of us, our home will be the largest purchase in our lives. If you find a merchant dealer who meets all the above criteria, then you have done your job as a smart consumer and it will be worth your time to secure their services.
Look for a retailer that meets your expectations and accept nothing less. It is recommended that you meet with your retailer several times before you make your final decision. Once you have made your choice of retailer, make them your trusted friend, and enjoy the experience and satisfaction of your new modular home ownership.